Last Wednesday, June, 17th, the first Workshop – Focus Group within the DTRaIN project (Erasmus Plus KA2 - Vet Strategic Partnership) took place
On June, 17th Centro Machiavelli organised the first “distance” Workshop – Focus Group within the DTRaIN project. The aim was to collect feedback on the educational and training needs of the entrepreneurs and the organisations operating in the Tuscan and Italian agro-food sector. Agricultural entrepreneurs specialised in both food- and forestry- sector, agronomists, technicians, specialists, and representatives of the umbrella organization took part in the online meeting.
This Workshop focused on the following topics:
- Staff training at all levels and areas (environment and health; marketing; maintenance, production; legislation)
- Key figures needed in the sectorfor its innovation
- Digitization of companies and needs regarding the use of new technologies
- Circular economy
- New trends in the agro-food sector
- More appropriate and innovative kind of training (regulated or unregulated)
- More appropriate way to provide a training course (face-to-face, semi-presential, online)
- Innovative training courses in the agro-food sector
Finally, organisers and participants discussed with interest about the effects and the aftermaths the Covid-19 emergency has recently caused in the agri-food sector.
The Workshop – Focus Group was very useful to detect the educational and training needsof the entrepreneurs and the organisations operating in the Tuscan and Italian agro-food sector.
These data will be shared by Centro Machiavelli with the project partners in order to develop the training curriculum and the educational model, that is DTRain’s ultimate goal.
Special thanks to Mr Marco Failoni and to all the staff of CIA, Italian Confederation of Agriculture, Regional Tuscany Branch for the profitable support in organizing and promoting the Workshop