Project READ-COM addresses several of the objectives in the Europe 2020 strategy for economic growth through the use of reading communities. Reading Communities will analyze the habits and attitudes towards reading that families have with their children as well as teachers' attitudes and strategies towards teaching reading. This project will contribute to a reduction in the premature dropout rate as well as facilitate an increase in the quality of the EU workforce in the long run.
- To raise awareness among families, schools, university professors, and students on the importance of reading through providing resources to improve reading practices at home and at school
- READ-COM is intended to support people to acquire and develop core skills and key competencies; addressing diversity, promoting social inclusion, as well as encourage innovative methods for teaching and learning, in our case, through reading, ultimately being able to successfully address challenges in learning environments
The project aims mainly to create and develop three core intellectual outputs
- IO1 "Curriculum narratives summary"
- IO2 "Reading Education Toolkit"
- IO3 "Read Animation APP"
So the main goal of READ-COM is to increase and strengthen the cooperation between regional authorities and to promote the development of the education system. Very important is also the dissemination of the three intellectual learning products and the long run improvement of the EU workforce and premature dropout rate. In short, this project tries to make a dream come true: to improve reading habits so that all children can have the same opportunities in the future.
With great enthusiasm and work, this consortium hopes to contribute to the Europe 2020 strategy for social and economic growth.
- Universidad de Malaga - Malaga Spain
- Centro Machiavelli Srl - Florence Italy
- The Manchester Metropolitan University - Manchester United Kingdom
- Associação Jardim Escola João de Deus - Lisbon Portugal
- University of Granada - Granada Spain
- Ceip Rosa de Gálvez - Malaga Spain
- Giovanni XXIII State Comprehensive School - Terronuova Bracciolini, Arezzo Italy
- Institouto Technologias Ypologistonkai Ekdoseon Diofantos - Patras Greece